Re: Independent Medicial Exams

Author Subject: Re: Independent Medicial Exams
Zoe Posted At 10:18:22 07/06/2000
aL.

I saw my IME last week - just answer everything honestly and don't offer up any information that isn't specifically requested. I had bi-lateral carpal tunnel surgery performed on both hands - due to the medication and to my hands still being mostly asleep - I'm not supposed to drive. My "driver" never showed up for the appointment - I was forced to drive myself or miss the appt. I really didn't feel taking a cab was necessary.
My IME made a big deal out of the fact that I was able to "drive myself" if I really needed to. He must have spent 10 minutes writing this up on the report that I managed to make it in driving a 5-speed. He then proceeded to bend and twist my hands and arms in numerous positions, asking "does this hurt?". He also wanted speicfic answers to several questions such as why hadn't I tried certain medications and why wasn't a second nerve conduction test performed on my arms. How would I know????

You're also supposed to be able to get a copy of the report once the IME has completed it. I requested a copy and have yet to receive it. I'm going to stay on this request though. I really want to see what this fellow ended up putting in his report.

Good luck!

You don't need to take a thing to the exam - your insurance company that set up the appt. should be competent enough to fax your information.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]