Re: Unfounded, inaccurate, and false accusations against me.

Author Subject: Re: Unfounded, inaccurate, and false accusations against me.
Ernie Delmazzo Posted At 15:38:37 07/09/2000
Hello,
I arrived home last night from out-of-state visiting family to find out the Statesman Journal had published an article about Anyone BUT Kevin Mannix.
First off, I'd like to thank those who defended my honor, character, and reputation above and in e-mails.

I was one of three founders of Injured Workers' Alliance and one of six founders of Workplace Injured. All the founders share equal credit for WI's success in informing/educating the public of the injustices occuring in workers compensation each and every day. Good people such as Tom L, the WI Webmaster since January, Kay, and many other organizations and individuals have contributed with honor and equally with the original co-founders to that cause. The Anyone BUT Kevin Mannix effort IS NOT related to WI but a separate grass-roots campaign to inform the public.

The following are my answers to Mac Williams statements made above:

He says I'm on a personal vendetta to destroy people. This is not true. I, and others, simply believe that voters should know who they're voting for beyond the "PR" put out by candidates and all political parties. The data at the Web site was collected by a few of us with this belief. It will be, once completed, the definitive biography of Mannix's "public life" actions. Since we own the domain anyonebut.org (presently unused) exposes' of other politicians and political candidates will probably occur in the future.

Mac Williams says, "Delmazzo reportedly sent emails to every newspaper in the state..." I believe 3 or 4 newspapers were contacted so far by us. If others know about our site, it's from word of mouth or search engines.

He says, "I have been researching Delmazzo and his true motives..." Those who actually know me personally answered this strange use of words better than I could in follow-up messages above. I will say that this issue IS NOT about anyone involved with Anyone BUT..., or me at this point as its most known spokesperson, but rather about public trust and the responsibilities of those chosen by Oregonians to represent them and defend their constititional rights.

Williams says, "...I fear there is a deeper motive that would drive a man to create an entire website blasting someone he has not come into contact with." My motive is my strong belief that elected officials should represent the best interests of everyday persons and not just special interests such as corporations. Since Mr. Williams never asked me, he must have asked Kevin Mannix about any personal contacts. I did once, outside a state capital room, have a brief, cordial, and subdued chat with the representative. Mr. Mannix must have forgotten it since it was uneventful for both of us.

Mac Williams says, "As his laywer has said, Ernie "takes an unusual interest" in select politicians." Tom L. answered this "misrepresentation" on your part by finding the actual message Mr. Jenks left. It's produced above. Thank you Tom.

Williams says, "Delmazzo is a registered Republican according to the Clackamas County office, but is seeking to destroy the party. Later he says, "I urge Mr. Delmazzo to consider the party's best interests instead of his own personal agenda in this matter." First off, Mr. Williams, my loyalty is to all Oregonians and our state and federal Constitutions. I am dedicated to "the people." If anything, I'm defending the Republican Party from "radicals" who have taken over our party from the ideals of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and others and have given all registered Republicans a bad name by, what I believe, deliberately abusing their "elected power" to benefit special interests at the expense of the general public. Unlike Kevin Mannix I have not "run away" from my party. In fact my favorite U.S. President is Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909). He is best known for starting the Panama Canal, protecting the environment, his actions to bring honesty in government (cleaning up corruption), and what Mac Williams might descibe as a "warped witch hunt" to protect average citizens from abuses by huge corporations (trusts) at the time. An excellent site about TR is here. My motives for co-founding Anyone BUT... are pure and I take serious offense to anyone who says otherwise. I did though expect it from the beginning.

In the Republican primary for A.G. I wrote in Ralph Nader's name.

Mr. Williams says, "... on this site and these message boards that border on character assassination and are slanderous at best." Mr. Williams, I would like examples of this, please send them. Almost all of the content at Anyone BUT Kevin Mannix Web site are either comments by others about Mr. Mannix, Mannix's own quotes, public records, bills he supported or sponsored with what I believe are fair descriptions unlike the commonly used word "modifies" that the legislature uses (there are links to the bills), or articles or documents produced by others. As far as personal comments made by me at this and other forums, I stand by them. They are accurate opinions.

I find it interesting that Anyone BUT... and I are being personally attacked for opposing Kevin Mannix as Oregon Attorney General. I assure everyone that I can take it. Anyone who knows me will attest that these things only make me more determined to go forward in spreading the truth. I believe that this personal attack (I am not a public figure) is a sad commentary on politics is general. It reminds me of the saying, "If you don't like the message, attack the messenger!" In fact, in trying to find out the original author of this quote, I found this Web site. And yes, Mr. Williams, I expect you to accuse "me" of these things but I pride myself on being forthright and honest.

By attacking me, Mac Williams, you show an inability to deal with what is actually written on the Anyone BUT Kevin Mannix Web site and elsewhere. Research the Web site and try to find inaccuracies using objective thinking if you wish. Wouldn't this be more productive?

Since this issue is not about any supporters of Anyone BUT... including myself, I have NO PLANS to answer further personal attacks. Simply put, I have better things to do with my time like this effort, advocating for workers, and finishing my paralegal studies and getting a degree.

Sincerely,
Ernie Delmazzo

"The love of truth is condemned as hate by those who cannot bear the light of truth."
-Unknown

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
—Charles Austin Beard, historian

Anyone BUT Kevin Mannix Web site.

Salem Statesman Journal Internet version article.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]