Kevin Mannix calls injured workers criminals?

Author Subject: Kevin Mannix calls injured workers criminals?
Merle Campbell Posted At 19:45:14 07/20/2000
Kevin Mannix, Republican candidate of Oregon Attorney General, lumped injured
workers and criminals together today during an interview on the PBS
broadcast "All Things Considered". OPBS interviewed Ernie Delmazzo creator
of the web site "Anyone but Kevin Mannix". In true jounalistic fashon OPBS
gave Kevin Mannix his chance to sound like a statesman pledged as
a canidate for Attorney General for the protection of the constituional
rights of Oregon residents. Instead he took this time to snipe at and deride
injured workers of this state. He called injured workers "a fringe group".

Kevin mocked our opposition to his candidacy. He stated it was meaningless.
We will see.

Merle Campbell
Colonel, AUS, Retired
Kay Re: Kevin Mannix calls injured workers criminals? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 00:39:40 07/22/2000

I missed the broadcast. Did he say what crimes we have committed and why we
are treated like criminals? He'll want to build more prisons to put us in.
Pride goes before a fall and Mannix is ripe for a big one.
R Lane Re: Kevin Mannix calls injured workers criminals? (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 10:17:17 07/23/2000

Hello,

I have patients who were caught up in this workman's comp through no fault of their own. I saw how it changed them. Bubbly, happy-go-lucky people became bitter, disillusioned, and suicidal over the cruel and inhumane treatment they were given by ruthless and greedy insurance companies and a thoughtless and insensitive government that simply doesn't care.

I found this forum through the Anyone But Kevin Mannix Web site and discovered them through an OPB radio show. I wish to congratulate all of you for your work on behalf of all Oregonians. Keep your spirits high for you shall overcome your oppressors. The truth is mightier than the sword.

I sent this to OPB after viewing their distasteful attack on your fine efforts.

OPB,

You have lost all journalistic integrity with your hit-piece on Anybody But Kevin Mannix. This was not impartial reporting but an advertisement for Kevin Mannix. I spent over an hour at this web site and read much of the site's content. Since there were links to everything reported how can quantify the following statements you made:

He’s formed a political action committee and has a web site...kevinmannix.com, which pillories and blasts the candidate.

Kevinmannix.com appears to be the first web site in Oregon politics devoted entirely to skewering a candidate.

Since when are facts, whether they be Mannix's legislative record or his own words, "pillories," "blasts," and "skewering."

What is wrong with you people. There was no objectivity in your reporting. You owe these people a public apology. I will visit your webpage on this story each week to look for it. Until I see it, count my family, our practice, and I as ex-viewers and ex-contributors.

R Lane, DDS

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]