all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members

Author Subject: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members
Rick S Posted At 08:51:02 07/30/2000
Now that I got your your attention isn't it time you stop whining and lets start working on doing something about resolving the problems. I can say that I'm an injured worker also, and have found that whining about the matter doesn't change the problemsas you all know. I hope this started a fire under your whining asses because all the complaining hasn't done a damn bit of good so get off your ass and stand up for your rights. Yes I know you have tried and know one hears thats because in small numbers you will never accomplish any thing, its the large numbers that make the changes. I'm working on getting petitions signed to take to the White House and the State legislation,Conress,and the State Senates Offices. if you look back at the Million Mom's March they cried out loud and were heard so we need to start making change for all that are injured and Start a Nation wide cry for the help and changes that are needed. I want all of you to know that are for the Bushes that are in office such as George Bush and Jeb Bush, they are not in favor for helping the injured workers. what they stand for is the Big businesses and workers compensation insurance companys. I hope that I have pissed enough of you off to start doing something about this mess we're all in thanks for your time Rick Sartor
IWA Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 1 replies)
Posted At 13:20:13 07/30/2000

Rick,
Your other two identical postings were deleted. We have done the same when others did so accidently.
Your efforts are admirable and will help many. I do though have to disagree with the "whiner" label you place on others since the vast majority of messages here provide information or answer earlier postings. Also, as the words on top of the main page indicate, this forum was set up so injured workers would have a place to release (vent) their frustations.
Organized injured workers have accomplished much in the past two years but I can see where those who haven't been directly involved in those efforts can see otherwise. Concrete and obvious results will be seen by all when the legislature meets next year.
I agree with your statement that not enough workers, injured or otherwise, have stepped forward to fix this system. I believe that it comes down to that most people find corruption so rampant in government that they can't find a reason to participate or feel it's useless to try. THIS SIMPLY ISN'T TRUE. Injured worker advocates HAVE made a positive difference.

Take care Rick and keep up the good work.

IWA Advocate
Rick S Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 17:43:26 07/30/2000

Thank you for your comments. As you know I wrote this for one reason and that is I've been reading just about as many of the injured worker comments as I could, And needless to say it troubles me to hear all the pain this country of politics who the majority of the people vote into office because they said what a difference they would make just as most of the rest of the politicians who have lied to our fellow country men aand women. That was just to make there own personal gains once they made it to office they then for got about our needs, the ones that got them in office its a real shame I wrote this to stirr up people and I hope that people will have enough of being bullied.
Carole Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 18:18:02 07/30/2000

Dear Rick,
I agree again with what you have said (except for the whining) --we are just releasing our frustrations as I am sure most of our families get overwhelmed sometimes with our pain and our inability to do anything. I can't begin to tell you how many people in the W/C system I spoke with to help me, management in my dept, the doctors and yes even 2 attorneys. Not one person would listen to me nor help me. I had medical records taken out and changed by W/C and by the doctors in reference to my permanent restrictions. They were changed twice by W/C. The 2 different attorneys I had did nothing at all. My IME was in my favor (I finally found someone who reiterated just about everything I knew about my hand problems) I had to see a vocational expert who said it would be very hard to find me a job with the limitations I had. My attorney cancelled my court date with the Judge twice (he did not have time to do "all" of the depositions, which by the way it took him almost a year to do 2 of them.) I have written to 7 people in the W/C system and the only reply I have received was I cannot appeal my case as it was settled in Sep 99. My writing to them was not about changing the outcome it was to point out about the medical care, the lying and the manipulations of the doctors, attorneys and W/C. The only respone I received from the state was to contact the AMA and the Bar Assoc. I want, like many, many others to put an end to a system that literally destroys people---medically, physically,mentally and monetarily. So I am truly up to this challange because it is wrong, so terribly wrong. I just do not know how to go about finding someone who is in the position to stand up for this travesty. I just hope that something will be done and will try very hard to do what I can. I am sorry everyone that this is so long. But I have had enough.
I hope all of us will someday have the justice we deserve.

Carole
Rick S Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 11:26:39 07/31/2000

Carole, I couldn't agree more with you, and truely I don't have all the answers. But I can say that I'm not going to lay down for these sorry people that we have all voted in office to represent us in our day to day lives. It is sad the type of people they have become, and that their all in it for their own personal gain, and truely aren't in it for the people like they promise. I wish I could run for office but unfortinately I don't know enough about politics. I realy wouldn't want to lower myself to their level of no integrity. Here is what we need to do and that is copy all the messages post in this web page and take it to the news media, congress or even something I hope that I'm not opening a can of worms. To get bad responses. But I'll try it anyway, I'm going to give my address and if your'e able copy as many as you can and mail them to me so here it goes this is my address and please know one use it for bad I have a Family and I to am going thru the same mess you all are going thru. I'm doing this to help us all I can't make any promises, but I'll do all I can to help. This is my address. 916 Ave. S S.E. Winter Haven, Florida. 33880-4617 My name is Richard Sartor (Rick) all the copies you or others can send will help in our fight to make the changes. My attorney is trying to help make these changes by taking me and others to speak in front of the Legislation Board, so the more papers of the complaint the are written in the messages board can help to place in front of their faces. It is going to be harder to turn down and when there are large numbers of people bring these issues of the problems to the tables. We can also making this public what else can they do but look in to this matter. Let me say I didn't write what I wrote to hurt any one because I to have times when I also whine. I wrote this to stir the fires that are burning in each and every one of us. That are sick of the system. Do not lay down I know we all hurt. But stand up and fight. Until we don't have to fight, and so that we can all have more enjoyable lives, and care that should be provided to us even if settlements have been made. They should still have to pay for our medical and help in our financial problems. They'll give more to people that don't need welfare, and for the ones that do need the help they turn away and that to is a shame. Rick S.
michele Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 2 replies)
Posted At 22:32:19 08/01/2000

first of all your insulting rematrks about aa are unwarranted here people try to solve a commom problem.Yes injured workers need to unite but getting screwed by a bunch of politicians with the best sales pitch that yr isnt the solution.I worked hasrd asll my life and the man who owned the place I worked at acted as the comp doc under diress of firing us who did not complyu. My injury is so severe now that I can become paralysised.I just got out of the hospital for a spinal operation last week.i am trying to get better as i am getting screwed but in Pa ridge rules and the innocent suffer.Yiou need to stopp whining yourslf and maybe an aa mtg is just what you need
Tarzan Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 1 replies)
Posted At 13:27:14 08/02/2000

Let's not forget who the bad guys are.

Don't go nit picking each other.
EB Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 3 replies)
Posted At 20:46:33 08/08/2000

I really hope that you can do something for the ones of us who get hurt on the job and our employers take advantage of the situation. Mine sure has I hurt my leg back in Jan and had a Knee scope and my leg is still not any better I cant stand any longer than 2-3 hours with out the whole leg swelling and ending up with a limp. My doctor has stated that I can return to work doing a clerical postion with mimal walking and standing and so my employer would have need to transferr me to a different deparment but since before my injury I was off with asthma they wrote me up and now for one year I can not transferr even thou it is there fault that I have a leg injury that isnt any better after thepary.Can some one help me understand this they sure can screw some ones live up and not care. EB
Dallas Worker Bee Gee, Rick................ (Currently 1 replies)
Posted At 22:01:34 08/09/2000

I intend to totally destroy the company that screwed me over. I expect to acomplish this by filing Federal charges under the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family Medical Leave Act , for starters, against the Company, the President of the Company (as an individual), and the Supervisor (also as an individual) as provided by the respective Acts.

After that, then we'll go do it all over again in civil court, as also provided by both of the Acts.

I expect this will put the company back into Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, which they are still under, but have just recently submitted their fourth reorganization plan (the other three were rejected by the court.) I think if the stockholders haven't learned their collective lessons yet, they will the second time around, about with whom they trust their money.

After that, I'm going to see about going after the company president's law license, and will point out to my former supervisor's parole officer, that he can't pass a pee test.
(He's on parole for manufacture of methamphetamines).

Does that sound like whining to you?

I point out that the entire US Code is accessible online.
Caroline, founder of TIES Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 15:15:24 08/10/2000

Rick, I too agree with much of what you say. As a matter of fact I try to have a positive note to the news letter Labor Pains each writing, but I also encourage people TO CALL OR E MAIL ME PERSONALLY because we are all people and our lives have been walked on, our self-esteem beaten, etc. and people do need a place to vent. That is why I am here, to give people that oppertunity. Though this is truly a legal battle, we must keep in mind that its people we are dealing with, and it's thier self-respect I'd like to help restore. We all need to have our story told without being put down, turned off, or disbelieved. I think you are a great fighter, but I hope my fight to help others regain dignity as a person so they can fight too is useful if we are to all hang in. build in number and get things done. I cannot or will not forget we are dealing with PEOPLE, or I would be acting just like the WC system, to dehumanize us and shut us up. Caroline.

kris Krishnan Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 02:31:12 10/10/2000

My attorneys are bribed (I cannot prove) by my employer. My attorneys were stopped presenting the case before the judge. I am left with disease that is curable due to workplace accident. My medical records were altered, deposition transcript retyped, and countless criminal activities by the defendants. Any help? Thanks.
nat Re: all you injured workers that are whiners ( stop whining and start fighting for your rights you all sound like a bunch of AA members (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 22:23:59 06/21/2001

I would rather be an AA member than talk bad about people like you.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]