Re: EAP: Employee

Author Subject: Re: EAP: Employee
Tarzan Posted At 12:08:32 07/30/2000
It's hard to imagine how the powers that be can possibly think, a 5 month crash coarse in Estimating can help land that $50,000 a year job.

Even though it says right on the letter-head, $45 and up, it quickly becomes $25-30, which is the only way I was able to get a job.

$30,000 a year, 10-12 hour days to make that. One day I even worked 15 hours.

Before my last sergury, I couldn't possibly worked those kind of hours, and frankly I'm surprised I can now.

My suggestion would be on the job training, in other words, work for free for your employer until, you can pull your own weight.

When I graduated from my intensive 5 month crash coarse in Estimating, I could just barely turn a computer on. There estimating program, was confusing at best, being an old broke down carpenter, who never looked at a computer before, I had tons of seat time to go threw, before I could start to make it do what I wanted it to do.

I would think with my back-ground in construction, a contractor would love to have me as an employee. Actually quite the oposite, Union contractors have ignored me completely. Only the rat contractors will give me the time of day, they think I can work for free, or close to it.

I realize there is a whole lot of people injured at work, who have it much worse then me. Living hand to mouth before the fall that changes there lives forever. And some carpet baggin representive of Great Benifit, saying here's $15,000. Go away and be thankful for what you have. Move on.

Frankly, hell no, not only does Great Benifit, need to help me, but they need to learn, they can't continue getting away with, kicking the hell out of a man when he is at his most vunerable.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]