Could you please tell me.

Author Subject: Could you please tell me.
Total Permanent Disability Posted At 16:40:02 01/17/2001
I am newly disabled and totally, could you tell me some of my rights as a disabled american? Are there tax reliefs? or anykind of relief to help me, income tax? property tax? Medical insurance?
I will be getting SSI, but needed to know if there are anykind of breaks or organizations that can help me? Simialar to this one or something like it, surely there has to be one for permanently disabled injured workers? right?
I live in Oregon. Are there any for Oregon? I wouldn't know where to start checking, please help me out. I'm still going through the Comp. Process but am trying to move ahead. Thanks for any help you can give.
My SSI is about 1/2 of my wages at the time of injury, so I need to be informed.
larry coldiron Re: Could you please tell me. (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 20:57:01 01/17/2001

you have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you in the couts of workman's comp.
no seriously, are you sure you will be getting ssi? you'd be better off going for ssdi but you must be unable to work for at least 1 year to qualify for that. other than that you're in for a long rough road to ride, the new presedent george dubbya bush takes office in a matter of days when he gets done you may have no rights left at all!
only my opinions
Larry Coldiron
Tarzan Re: Could you please tell me. (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 10:09:33 01/18/2001

In Oregon, paralized, and mentally retarded, you would be required to deliver pizza. The Preferred Worker Program would be more than happy to set up a roller system on the back of your 20 year old car, and (who-done-its) to work the controls.

If you refuse to comply, then they will starve you out until you do comply.

What was there last year 8 people, qualified for early disability? There were 14 more who were and then had it taken away. Dimitri?

Call it a franchise to steal, licensed and condoned by the state of Oregon.
Once again I will say Re: Could you please tell me. (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 00:45:53 01/20/2001

If you are sent for a mental check up through the State of Oregon make sure you don't get one from a Dr.Saser. The *appoinment* last only 45 minutes if that and you get denied. A true *evaluation* is 6+ to 8 hours. I wonder what the *bill* was when it was sent in? You know I am sure the Oregon tax payers don't mind paying 6 to 8 hours worth the wages for a true 45 minute. Or do they? I don't know maybe some tax payer that are *not hurt* could answer weather they like that idea or not.Watch out for the trick questions. there are two of them
the first on will be #1 What does don't throw rocks at glass house's mean. and the #2 What does DONT CRY over spilt milk mean.
Something is tied up here if you ask me.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]