Had IME last week

Author Subject: Had IME last week
Suzy Posted At 12:35:07 01/21/2001
Hi all,
I had the IME apt with the two DR's last Wed. I was so surprized that In 45 min they were done? They quized me on the last 3 years and then quick exam and out the door I went!! Every time I said something I never felt I got to completly explain myself before they went to the next question? O'well hope all is over soon......
Been there done that Re: Had IME last week (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 22:23:08 01/21/2001

Hi Suzy,
You pretty much described my exam too, everytime I tried to get into more detail they shut me up. I sure don't know how a doctor can completely examine you without knowing the things that happen when you move just right or you have a headache for days. Telepathy??
Good Luck, I hope it went your way.
Mend quickly and heal thoroughly.
Injured Re: Had IME last week (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 09:33:59 01/22/2001

Suzy,
Don't feel bad....My last IME took only 15 minutes! What a review I got from that Dr...If that is what one wants to call him!
Marty Re: Had IME last week (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 22:53:31 01/22/2001

It's not like this "medical whores" really have to see you. They've already made up their minds before they see you (or even read your medical report).
Nod to Marty and the Rest. Re: Had IME last week (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 00:51:28 01/23/2001

Yep and that is it to!! You are given workmens comp for the first few weeks long enough for them to go BUY any and all or even just in part your history.. then when they fugure out what kind of story they are going to make up then you get denied. Of coarse unless you were well to do and had a regular doctor all your life that knows you. For the single moms and dads we all know its the kids whos health gets taken care of first in a family, who can afford anything after that? I know I couldn't. Now that all my saves and money from my moms death is gone I am on AFS... trying to get SSI/SSD/W.C. my children are all saying why is it that they like to see us so broke. Why wont anyone let us have enough money while mom is trying to get better. How terrible this is not only to the injured worker but their families as well!! After working for a company 10 or more years and to try to find something that your body can do for the sake of the children as you watch them wear the same cloths.. sickens me. No wonder why we have angry teens about in this world the places that are suppose to be there for you when down and out are not. My kids cant understand why people with drug and alchol problems get SS, and a person that had a damaged body and doesnt do those things have to strugle. God Luck with the doctors report same here the story sounds way to familiar.

Post Reply:
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

This message board has been closed in regard to posting new messages and follow-ups although pages can be viewed. Page loading time had become excessive. Please use the "Message Forum" link from our Main Page here to contribute to our new and improved forum.

[ To the IW Forum | Forum FAQ ]